Last updated: [●]
This policy describes how Sephora USA, Inc. (collectively, “Sephora”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collects, uses, and shares the information we obtain from you on this microsite for the SEPHORIA House of Beauty event (the “Microsite”).
> What We Collect
> How We Use Your Personal Information
> How We Share Your Personal Information
> How We Protect Your Information
> Your Choices
> California Privacy Notices
> Communicating With Us
> Changes To This Policy
The following are examples of the personal information that we collect:
Examples of Personal Information Collected
Registering on the Microsite
Name and e-mail address
Purchasing on the Microsite
Name, credit card number, billing address, shipping address, and phone number
In addition to the above, we may use the following technologies to automatically collect information about your activities on our websites.
Note that we do not intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you can look at the Microsite, but you should not make a purchase, register, or submit personal information to us.
The Microsite has been created to share information about the SEPHORIA House of Beauty event only. We will use the Microsite to provide information about SEPHORA House of Beauty to those who register and to allow ticket purchasing. Your personal information will not be used for marketing purposes unrelated to SEPHORA House of Beauty.
Sephora may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
• Corporate affiliates. Sephora may share certain personal information with its affiliates (including parent company, sister companies and subsidiaries including Sephora Beauty Canada, Inc.).
• Service providers. We may share your personal information with companies that perform services for us relating to the SEPHORIA House of Beauty event, such as fulfilling ticket purchase orders, sending postal mail and e-mails, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, investigating fraudulent activity and providing customer service. Should you wish to opt out of this sharing, you simply need to opt out of e-mail communications from us.
• Social Networks, Widgets, and Plug-ins. If you use any features made available to you on the Microsite by a third party it may result in information being collected or shared between us and the third party. For example, if you use Facebook’s “Like” feature, Facebook may register the fact that you “liked” our event and may post that information on Facebook.
• Other instances. Sephora may share your personal information in order to protect the legal rights of our company, our employees, our agents, and our affiliates, to protect the safety and security of our visitors, to detect and protect against fraud, or to comply with law or legal process.
Sephora may share de-identified information (i.e., information that is not directly connected to your name) in the following circumstances in addition to those identified above:
• Aggregate information. We may share de-identified aggregate information about our customers with advertisers and marketing partners.
• Behavioral-based advertising. A third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website and other websites so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our website, or on other websites.
We realize that our customers trust us to protect their personal information. We take that task seriously and maintain reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help protect your personal information. While we attempt to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances.
You have the following choices with how your information is used:
What you need to do
Updating or Correcting your Personal Information
You can update or correct your name and e-mail address
by calling 1-877-SEPHORA and
speaking with a representative.
Receiving promotional e-mails
You can click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of
any promotional e-mail that you receive.
Behavioral Based Advertising
You can opt-out of some, but not all, online behavioral based
advertising by clicking here
or by using your browser settings to block cookies
or notify you when a cookie is set.
If you are a California resident under 18 years old and you have registered for the Microsite, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to the Microsite. Please note that responding to your request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal from our Microsite (e.g., if the content or information has been reposted by another user). To request removal of content or information, please contact us at the address, telephone or email below.
If you have any questions about our privacy or security practices, or of you would like to request access to or correction of your personal information, you can contact Sephora’s General Counsel by mail, telephone, or e-mail:
Sephora USA, Inc.
Legal Department, Privacy
525 Market Street, 32nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your personal information we may do so by e-mail or mail.
1. "Cookies" are small bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies remember information about your activities on the site to make your visits to our website more enjoyable and valuable to you by providing a customized experience and recognizing your preferences when you visit our website. If you've chosen to disable cookies on your browser, some of the functionality of our website may be lost. Certain of our web page, particularly those that require a login and password, require that cookies be enabled in your browser and cannot be used when you have disabled cookies in your browser.↩
2. Flash cookies (also called Local Shared Objects or “LSOs”) are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Flash cookies are used to remember settings, preferences, and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming, and other similar services.↩
3. Web beacons are small graphic images on a Web page or in an e-mail that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements clicked on by users, or tracking the performance of e-mail marketing campaigns.↩
4. Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the webpages you request to your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term you entered or the link you clicked to bring you the webpage. The Web server log also may record information about your browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your browser by the server.↩
5. Geo-location technology refers to technologies that permit us to determine your location. We may ask you to manually provide location information on our website, or to enable your mobile device to send us precise location information. We may also automatically collect general location information from your web browser.↩